Like human insurance, insurance can help you be prepared for the unexpected. Pets can experience sudden health issues due to illness or injury that come with surprising costs. Location is not a factor—whether you and your pet live in Centennial, Littleton, or elsewhere, as long as you have a pet you are eligible to register for insurance.
Growing veterinary costs have made pet insurance a more popular option for pet owners. While we are happy to show you what options we have, choosing whether to purchase insurance is entirely up to you.
Choosing Pet Insurance
Trupanion and Nationwide are two of many pet insurance providers that may differ in the coverage and plans they provide. Pet owners can research these companies and decide for themselves which one will best suit their circumstances and budget.
Some differences in coverage you can expect among providers include:
- Whether they cover congenital or hereditary issues such as hip dysplasia, cataracts, diabetes, etc.
- How they calculate reimbursements
- If the deductible is on a per-incident or yearly basis
- Whether they place limits or caps per year, per incident, or over your pet’s lifetime
- If there is an annual contract defining conditions diagnosed in the previous year as pre-existing the following year
Choosing insurance can be challenging, especially with so many options available. At Festival Animal Clinic, we encourage you to dedicate as much time as you can to researching and comparing providers so you can make the best possible decisions for your pet’s future.